They weren't as huge as Nirvana or Pearl Jam, but there's little question that Primus was one of the big alt-rock bands in America during the peak of alt-rock, and they did it without a commercial crossover to their name.

are probably my favorites at the moment. "They can't all be zingers" is a line sometimes used by the comedian Neil Hamburger.

I'm patient about that (music in general). Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last.fm. They were certainly not grunge, nor were they really rooted in punk the way so many alternative rock bands were: they were an arty jam band, which is the reason why Claypool wound up forming collectives with other arty jammers such as Phish's Trey Anastasio and the Police's Stewart Copeland when Primus was on one of their many hiatuses. Just curious since this Record got the most good classics, and I regularly listen to it. Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. I know that’s not at all what Les + Co. were referencing, just felt like sharing.

"open a speech with a zinger", an outstanding person or thing. But as everyone else said, it's their way of saying that their hits aren't really hits.

He says it when one of his jokes doesn't get a laugh, and it basically means "they can't all be great jokes".

They jammed, but their exaggerated rhythms, dissonant chords, and intricate riffs made it all sound like a soundtrack to absurd antics.

Go directly to shout page. Their roots were in the Bay Area metal scene, which kind of fit since they were indeed heavy even if they weren't quite metallic, plus they shared an instrumental virtuosity not uncommon to metal, even if in Primus' case it often sounded like an extrapolation of Frank Zappa -- and that was in large part due to Claypool's satiric lyrics, equally as cynical and vulgar as Zappa, but delivered without the same level of pretension (although he did often manage to nail part of Frank's condescension). He says it when one of his jokes doesn't get a laugh, and it basically means "they can't all be great jokes".

I can't really tell what I love about Primus, but it seems like I can't enjoy some songs as much as the 3 mentioned above.

They just dont "click" for me.

So while yes the term means "They can't all be hits" to me it goes a bit farther to even say "Hey, some of our songs suck, but here's the good ones" in a tongue and cheek kind of way like "Primus sucks". Primus - an American rock band based in San Francisco, Ca. The 16-selection "They Can't All Be Zingers" spans the band's career from 1990 to 2003, featuring all of its original Modern Rock hits -- "Jerry Was A Race Car Driver," "My Name Is Mud" and Grammy-nominated "Wynona's Big Brown Beaver" -- plus fan favorites and a previously unreleased, extended version of "Shake Hands With Beef." "a zinger of a shot", basically in the context of the singles collection, a "zinger" just means a "hit song". A new version of Last.fm is available, to keep everything running smoothly, please reload the site. As this well-chosen comp illustrates through its selection of hits and album tracks, they were self-consciously funny-sounding without quite being funny, deliberately abrasive yet never quite rocking.
They Can’t All Be Zingers Kompilationsalbum von Primus; Veröffent-lichung(en) 17.

One of the characters in Les' book, South of the Pumphouse, says the line.

But above all, Primus was jokey, their music exploding in garish colors as if it was a Tex Avery cartoon, which the gleefully grotesque clay and cartoon album covers resembled. Their songs were peppered with characters like Tommy the Cat, John the Fisherman, Jerry the Race Car Driver, Mr. Krinkle, and a murderer called Mud, all personified by Claypool in a voice that sounded like he held his nose while he sang. It's The Infectious Grooves, Mind Eraser, No Chaser / Hwy 1 [Digital 45], Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. No, they can't all be zingers, but to the untrained Primus ear, they can come damn close.
Primus rode this wave all the way toward the top of the Billboard charts, as their third record, 1993's Pork Soda, debuted at number seven, leading toward a headlining slot on the third Lollapalooza that year.

Primus took the line from him. Removed from their brief, inexplicable peak, these songs still sound strange, but not necessarily in the way they were intended -- and if ever there was a band that tried to sound strange, it was Primus. As this comp proves, they didn't change much from their debut through to their 2003 EP Animals Should Not Try to Act Like People, and even if that's not strictly your cup of tea, it's hard not to admire that -- and hard not to be a bit nostalgic for a time when a band like this could sneak onto the charts and become platinum-selling artists with music as odd as this. Scrobbling is when Last.fm tracks the music you listen to and automatically adds it to your music profile. Leave feedback, Primus is a San Francisco-based band formed in the mid-1980s by two ex-members of.

Jerry Was A Race Car Driver, Wynona's Big Brown Beaver and Candy Man (That MusicVideo tho!!) A zinger 7sually means quick and witty statement.

That artiness and virtuosity is abundant on They Can't All Be Zingers, which is really all the casual Primus fan or '90s nostalgist needs, since a little of this goes a long, long way for all but the faithful. (primus)'s 6,280 photos on Flickr!

From the start, they were alternative primarily because they didn't quite fit any other category. In the context of a "best of Primus" album, it means "they can't all be hit songs".

The alt-rock revolution of the '90s opened the doors to the mainstream for a bunch of weirdos, chief among them Primus, the Bay Area-based trio led by bassist/singer/prankster Les Claypool.

They Can't All Be Zingers finally settles that vital missing element to any band's arsenal with a 16 track compilation covering fan favorites and singles including ''Tommy The Cat,'' ''Jerry The Race Car Driver,'' ''My Name is Mud'' and the previously unreleased and extended version of "Shake Hands With Beef". It's meant to be self-effacing and sarcastic. But maybe I need more time with Primus. 16 tracks (81:33). Animals Should Not Try to Act Like People. Connect your Spotify account to your Last.fm account and scrobble everything you listen to, from any Spotify app on any device or platform.

Explore steve: they can't all be zingers!!!

Press J to jump to the feed. Some user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. Oktober 2006 Aufnahme 1989–2003 Label(s) Interscope Records: Format(e) CD, LP. "They can't all be zingers" is a line sometimes used by the comedian Neil Hamburger. Genre(s) Alternative Metal, Funk Metal.

Javascript is required to view shouts on this page. Since I'm no american I can't always rely on urban dictionary (or others) to be really sure about a certain term. What have you heard so far? to add to other answers that have already answered this, Claypool and Primus as a whole sort of had the motif of they aren't for everybody, but they are good and will have listeners despite not being the most popular (at least this is what I've always got from them), especially when it come to the chant "Primus sucks", and Clayppol even saying that Primus sucked on his appearance in South Parks Chef Aid.

Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. I googled "Zingers" myself, of course. What does "Zingers" mean?
When Does Stefan Turn His Humanity On, Adventure Time Saison 4 épisode 3, David Seymour Euthanasia Quotes, Toyota Transmission Identification, Human League Net Worth, Mysore Bonda Batter Overnight, 12v Vr6 For Sale, Georganne Lapiere 2020, Skywriting Font Generator, Francesco Pazzi Wife, Greenville Slave Auction, Picatinny Rail Extension, Original Bill Lawrence L500xl, Floribunda Rose Vs Knockout Rose, La Ragazza Nella Nebbia Ending Explained, Super M Fandom Name, She's As Dumb As A Quotes, Ogame Player Stats, Moral Politics: How Liberals And Conservatives Think, Third Edition Pdf, Gyo: Tokyo Fish Attack Watch Online, Ludwig Hallberg Photo, Xu Kai Family, John Mayer Klon Settings, Maid Of Honor Email To Bridesmaids Examples, Julia Smith Delish, Deshauna Barber Speech Transcript, El Palo Con Coco Numero De Telefono, Shawn Pilot Birthday, Witch Camp Oregon Vortex, Do Birds Eat Basil, What Different Values Have Your Religion Instilled In You Essay, Integumentary System Poem, School Improvement Ideas For Student Council, Warframe Pc Ps4 Controller, Leo Cullum Jr, Judge John Schlesinger Heart Attack, Ian Stanley Wife, Minecraft Military Builds, Biblical Restitution Adultery, Nzb Search Info, Whiplash Amazing Final Performance Caravan, Papua Shark Catfish, Mark Webber F1 Wife, Man Law Bbq Gloves, Kratka Kosa 2020, Hollyoaks Liberty Baby, Uniondale, Ny Crime, Steel Rain 2, Nexgreen Vs Trugreen, Osu Pp To Rank, Nell Williams Height, Jorge Angel Castro, Wonder Pets Save The Raccoon Metacafe, Erin Jubilee Vegan Instagram, Blue Marsh Lake Boat Launch, Mercedes Acceleration Problems, Doc Emrick Parkinson's, Victoria Antm Cycle 9, Maladie Febrile Contagieuse 6 Lettres, Funny 3 Letter Words, Van Halen Jojo, Savage Worlds Pdf Collection, You No Dey Use Me Play, Average Cpap Pressure, Fallout 76 Underwater Cave, Given Anime Movie New Release Date, Scales Of Justice Tattoo Meaning, Upload Course To Fenix 5x, She Gone Meme Origin, Circumference Of A Soda Can, Channel Zero Candle Cove Dailymotion, Bristol Bar And Grill Recipes, " />
They weren't as huge as Nirvana or Pearl Jam, but there's little question that Primus was one of the big alt-rock bands in America during the peak of alt-rock, and they did it without a commercial crossover to their name.

are probably my favorites at the moment. "They can't all be zingers" is a line sometimes used by the comedian Neil Hamburger.

I'm patient about that (music in general). Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last.fm. They were certainly not grunge, nor were they really rooted in punk the way so many alternative rock bands were: they were an arty jam band, which is the reason why Claypool wound up forming collectives with other arty jammers such as Phish's Trey Anastasio and the Police's Stewart Copeland when Primus was on one of their many hiatuses. Just curious since this Record got the most good classics, and I regularly listen to it. Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. I know that’s not at all what Les + Co. were referencing, just felt like sharing.

"open a speech with a zinger", an outstanding person or thing. But as everyone else said, it's their way of saying that their hits aren't really hits.

He says it when one of his jokes doesn't get a laugh, and it basically means "they can't all be great jokes".

They jammed, but their exaggerated rhythms, dissonant chords, and intricate riffs made it all sound like a soundtrack to absurd antics.

Go directly to shout page. Their roots were in the Bay Area metal scene, which kind of fit since they were indeed heavy even if they weren't quite metallic, plus they shared an instrumental virtuosity not uncommon to metal, even if in Primus' case it often sounded like an extrapolation of Frank Zappa -- and that was in large part due to Claypool's satiric lyrics, equally as cynical and vulgar as Zappa, but delivered without the same level of pretension (although he did often manage to nail part of Frank's condescension). He says it when one of his jokes doesn't get a laugh, and it basically means "they can't all be great jokes".

I can't really tell what I love about Primus, but it seems like I can't enjoy some songs as much as the 3 mentioned above.

So while yes the term means "They can't all be hits" to me it goes a bit farther to even say "Hey, some of our songs suck, but here's the good ones" in a tongue and cheek kind of way like "Primus sucks". Primus - an American rock band based in San Francisco, Ca. The 16-selection "They Can't All Be Zingers" spans the band's career from 1990 to 2003, featuring all of its original Modern Rock hits -- "Jerry Was A Race Car Driver," "My Name Is Mud" and Grammy-nominated "Wynona's Big Brown Beaver" -- plus fan favorites and a previously unreleased, extended version of "Shake Hands With Beef." "a zinger of a shot", basically in the context of the singles collection, a "zinger" just means a "hit song". A new version of Last.fm is available, to keep everything running smoothly, please reload the site. As this well-chosen comp illustrates through its selection of hits and album tracks, they were self-consciously funny-sounding without quite being funny, deliberately abrasive yet never quite rocking.
They Can’t All Be Zingers Kompilationsalbum von Primus; Veröffent-lichung(en) 17.

But above all, Primus was jokey, their music exploding in garish colors as if it was a Tex Avery cartoon, which the gleefully grotesque clay and cartoon album covers resembled. Their songs were peppered with characters like Tommy the Cat, John the Fisherman, Jerry the Race Car Driver, Mr. Krinkle, and a murderer called Mud, all personified by Claypool in a voice that sounded like he held his nose while he sang. It's The Infectious Grooves, Mind Eraser, No Chaser / Hwy 1 [Digital 45], Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. No, they can't all be zingers, but to the untrained Primus ear, they can come damn close.
Primus rode this wave all the way toward the top of the Billboard charts, as their third record, 1993's Pork Soda, debuted at number seven, leading toward a headlining slot on the third Lollapalooza that year.

Primus took the line from him. Removed from their brief, inexplicable peak, these songs still sound strange, but not necessarily in the way they were intended -- and if ever there was a band that tried to sound strange, it was Primus. As this comp proves, they didn't change much from their debut through to their 2003 EP Animals Should Not Try to Act Like People, and even if that's not strictly your cup of tea, it's hard not to admire that -- and hard not to be a bit nostalgic for a time when a band like this could sneak onto the charts and become platinum-selling artists with music as odd as this. Scrobbling is when Last.fm tracks the music you listen to and automatically adds it to your music profile. Leave feedback, Primus is a San Francisco-based band formed in the mid-1980s by two ex-members of.

Jerry Was A Race Car Driver, Wynona's Big Brown Beaver and Candy Man (That MusicVideo tho!!) A zinger 7sually means quick and witty statement.

That artiness and virtuosity is abundant on They Can't All Be Zingers, which is really all the casual Primus fan or '90s nostalgist needs, since a little of this goes a long, long way for all but the faithful. (primus)'s 6,280 photos on Flickr!

From the start, they were alternative primarily because they didn't quite fit any other category. In the context of a "best of Primus" album, it means "they can't all be hit songs".

The alt-rock revolution of the '90s opened the doors to the mainstream for a bunch of weirdos, chief among them Primus, the Bay Area-based trio led by bassist/singer/prankster Les Claypool.

They Can't All Be Zingers finally settles that vital missing element to any band's arsenal with a 16 track compilation covering fan favorites and singles including ''Tommy The Cat,'' ''Jerry The Race Car Driver,'' ''My Name is Mud'' and the previously unreleased and extended version of "Shake Hands With Beef". It's meant to be self-effacing and sarcastic. But maybe I need more time with Primus. 16 tracks (81:33). Animals Should Not Try to Act Like People. Connect your Spotify account to your Last.fm account and scrobble everything you listen to, from any Spotify app on any device or platform.

Press J to jump to the feed. Some user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. Oktober 2006 Aufnahme 1989–2003 Label(s) Interscope Records: Format(e) CD, LP. "They can't all be zingers" is a line sometimes used by the comedian Neil Hamburger. Genre(s) Alternative Metal, Funk Metal.

Javascript is required to view shouts on this page. Since I'm no american I can't always rely on urban dictionary (or others) to be really sure about a certain term. What have you heard so far? to add to other answers that have already answered this, Claypool and Primus as a whole sort of had the motif of they aren't for everybody, but they are good and will have listeners despite not being the most popular (at least this is what I've always got from them), especially when it come to the chant "Primus sucks", and Clayppol even saying that Primus sucked on his appearance in South Parks Chef Aid.

Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. I googled "Zingers" myself, of course. What does "Zingers" mean?
When Does Stefan Turn His Humanity On, Adventure Time Saison 4 épisode 3, David Seymour Euthanasia Quotes, Toyota Transmission Identification, Human League Net Worth, Mysore Bonda Batter Overnight, 12v Vr6 For Sale, Georganne Lapiere 2020, Skywriting Font Generator, Francesco Pazzi Wife, Greenville Slave Auction, Picatinny Rail Extension, Original Bill Lawrence L500xl, Floribunda Rose Vs Knockout Rose, La Ragazza Nella Nebbia Ending Explained, Super M Fandom Name, She's As Dumb As A Quotes, Ogame Player Stats, Moral Politics: How Liberals And Conservatives Think, Third Edition Pdf, Gyo: Tokyo Fish Attack Watch Online, Ludwig Hallberg Photo, Xu Kai Family, John Mayer Klon Settings, Maid Of Honor Email To Bridesmaids Examples, Julia Smith Delish, Deshauna Barber Speech Transcript, El Palo Con Coco Numero De Telefono, Shawn Pilot Birthday, Witch Camp Oregon Vortex, Do Birds Eat Basil, What Different Values Have Your Religion Instilled In You Essay, Integumentary System Poem, School Improvement Ideas For Student Council, Warframe Pc Ps4 Controller, Leo Cullum Jr, Judge John Schlesinger Heart Attack, Ian Stanley Wife, Minecraft Military Builds, Biblical Restitution Adultery, Nzb Search Info, Whiplash Amazing Final Performance Caravan, Papua Shark Catfish, Mark Webber F1 Wife, Man Law Bbq Gloves, Kratka Kosa 2020, Hollyoaks Liberty Baby, Uniondale, Ny Crime, Steel Rain 2, Nexgreen Vs Trugreen, Osu Pp To Rank, Nell Williams Height, Jorge Angel Castro, Wonder Pets Save The Raccoon Metacafe, Erin Jubilee Vegan Instagram, Blue Marsh Lake Boat Launch, Mercedes Acceleration Problems, Doc Emrick Parkinson's, Victoria Antm Cycle 9, Maladie Febrile Contagieuse 6 Lettres, Funny 3 Letter Words, Van Halen Jojo, Savage Worlds Pdf Collection, You No Dey Use Me Play, Average Cpap Pressure, Fallout 76 Underwater Cave, Given Anime Movie New Release Date, Scales Of Justice Tattoo Meaning, Upload Course To Fenix 5x, She Gone Meme Origin, Circumference Of A Soda Can, Channel Zero Candle Cove Dailymotion, Bristol Bar And Grill Recipes, " />

x